Friday, May 16, 2008

Friendly Baby Shower























My very good friends and "staffmates" gave me a baby shower yesterday.  They decided, since I had three other children, I probably had most everything I needed - especially if this baby is a girl.  But with our house construction, they found that I would need things to fill new spaces.  I haven't ever had a place all for baby, and now I will.  They were SO kind!  They gave me present after present -- all in nice greens and yellows so that I could use them no matter what.  
The glider rocker was from 6 ladies and the diaper "cake" as from another 6 ladies.  The diaper layers were made of a few packages of diapers, each layer also containing booties, hats, washcloths, baby shampoo, etc.  It was so cute!  I also received many other packages of diapers and baby wipes, fun little toys and cute cowboy "shoes" for the little one, and a baby monitor which I haven't ever needed before, but will now that our house will be bigger.
The cake was made by a lady named Connie that used to work with Matt up at the middle school and now works with me at Lincoln.  She is a fantastic cake maker and added "Baby Yoshi" at the bottom to finish it off. 
The girls helped hand me the presents and Nora actually helped open a few.  I am so grateful to have such a great support system inside and outside of school.  I am truly blessed.



1 comment:

Carly said...

Sarah you are so beautiful, you just look awesome. What a fun shower!!